the redemption of a sinful man



12/31/2010

Hope for sinners

I have been thinking about people who the church would call sinners.   You know the everyday person who works, eats and sleeps, but doesn't "look" holy.  When I say look, I don't mean appearance alone I mean actions and attitudes of the person too.

Will "sinners" make it to Heaven even if they are not "Church People"?  What if their hope is truly in Jesus, but they don't know how to live a holy life?  They know that they have sinned and have asked for forgiveness of sin.

We all have sinned and fall short of God's glory.

All who call upon the name of Jesus will be saved.

I have to say this:  God's grace is sufficient for sinners too!!
Jesus came to heal the sick and bring forgiveness to sinners, those who are "perfect" don't need a doctor and won't ask for him either!

I have hope for the sinner.  I am one.  It is my hope in Jesus that brings me life.

I am not saying that "church people" are perfect either.  I am one of those too.

I just think of people around me and know that God loves them, sinner and church people alike.  He has no favorites, it is impossible for him to love less than he already does.

I think if at all possible, sinners should go to church.  This is a place for help and guidance.  I also think sinners should read the Bible.  This is how you get to know God and what he is like.  Of course we all should pray too.  Prayer is very important.  This is our way of telling God how we feel and also how we can ask him how he feels about us.  Prayer doesn't have to be "perfect", just simple. 

There is hope for the sinner, there is hope for the "church" person too.

No comments:

Post a Comment