the redemption of a sinful man



12/23/2010

Entertaining Angels

"Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without even knowing it."  Hebrews 13:2 New International Version

I have thought about this many times.  We could be around angels at any given moment and not know it.  There is a reason for this.  What is it?  I am not sure.  I do have my ideas and opinions though.  I am not going too deep on this post though, but I could.

I believe we are constantly fighting the flesh and it is a huge undertaking.  Really it is.  We have this mortal body made from the dust of the earth that can not live very long without food or water, or communication.

Communication?  Yes.  We all must communicate.  It is what makes us who we are.  The fact that I am typing this and you are reading it must mean something.  We all want to know what is going on, or what happened and what is going to happen.
The first angels that appeared did exactly that.  They communicated God's message to us.  Everyone believes in angels.  At least they should.  History and art have depicted angels in various ways.  Sometimes as helpers, sometimes as heroes, but mostly as messengers.

We should "entertain" strangers whenever possible.  Talk is cheap right, actually it is free, so why not talk to those around you and see what they have to say.  You may hear from God.

I am glad the shepherds of Bethlehem listened to the angels.  I am glad that Mary and Joseph did too.

Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment